Monastery of Saints Ninian and Cuthbert, Torloisk, Argyll and Bute

Monastery of Saints Ninian and Cuthbert

Γενικές Πληροφορίες

Κατηγορία

Μοναστήρι

Αρχιεπισκοπή

Romanian Metropolitan of Western Europe

Ιερέας

Protos. Seraphim Aldea

Ημέρα Εορτασμού

March 2 - St Cuthbert

Δεύτερη Ημέρα Εορτασμού

September 16 - St Ninian

Ιστορικές Πληροφορίες

Έτος Ίδρυσης

1755

Ιστορία

Mull Historical Society describes Kilninian, built in 1755, as ‘one of the oldest (churches), and until very recently, still used for worship. Possibly standing on the site of an earlier medieval church, it first appears in the records of 1561, where it is stated that the parsonage of ‘Keilnoening’ had formerly belonged to the Abbot of Iona.’ At present, with the blessing of His Eminence Metropolitan Joseph, we have started the necessary work in order to turn Kilninian into the first Orthodox Monastery in the Hebrides. This includes restoration work for the church itself and building work for a small number of new cells for the future monastics.

Σχέση με την Εκκλησία

Monastery of Saints Ninian and Cuthbert έχει ακολούθους (2):

  • Seraphim ως
  • Christina ως Follower

Μπορείς να προσθέσεις την/το Μοναστήρι στην προσωπική σου Λίστα Εκκλησιών ως: