Monastery of St. Nicholas - Conde, PB-Brazil, João Pessoa, Paraíba
- Archimandrite Jerónimo
- Archimandrite Jerónimo
- Día de celebración:
- December 5 - Day of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker
- Segundo día de celebración:
- November 24 - St. Catherine of Sinai
- Sitio Alexandria, Km 97,5, Br 101, S/N, João Pessoa, Paraíba, 58322-000 Brazil
- [email protected]
- (83) 3234.0617
- At the end of October 2003 the Rt. Father Lucas leaves for Brazil after 3 (three) years of studying theology at the Warsaw Theological Seminary. He returns with the blessing of His Beatitude SAWA, Orthodox Metropolitan of Warsaw and All of Poland, to start the preparations for the erection of a Male Orthodox Monastery in Brazil, more precisely in the Northeast of Brazil, in the state for Paraíba, city of Conde , an act that he cherished in his chest since his reception as Hieromonk, on September 14, 1999, in Portugal, and the elevation to Igumen on September 19, 2003 by the Metropolitan of Warsaw, already envisioning his return to Brazil. Always in obedience to the hierarchy and what he always considered to be the will of God, at the end of February 2004 he finally left for the Northeast regio to begin preparations for the brief inauguration of the Monastery, which would not be so soon: the house where it would be once the Monastery was installed, it needed to be renovated and the year 2004 was one of the most affected by the rains in the Northeast and the access road to the site became more impassable every day. But Father Lucas accepted everything with humility and with the certainty that St. Nicholas was interceding for the inauguration of the Monastery. Around September 2004 the rains began to subside and it was necessary to run with the works so that the inauguration of the Monastery would take place on the day of its Holy protector, São Nicolau, on 06/19 December. And dealing with another problem: the lack of resources for the works to move forward. At that moment, divine providence sent angels who were in charge of providing what was missing for the works, the beloved brothers from the south and northeast, always present in the difficulties, made another effort of the much they had already done and donations for the works arrived . The works started and things were still missing: the trousseau for the Monastery, as a Monastery needs utensils to receive monks and visitors who might arrive. Once again the efforts of the faithful showed what life in the Church is and, as in the parable of the multiplication of bread and fish, “And they all ate and were satisfied; and they raised twelve baskets of pieces from what was left over ”(Lk.9,17), such was the generosity shown by all. We finally reached the last week of preparations before the Inauguration day. With the arrival of Mr. Dom Chrisóstomo, Archbishop of Rio de Janeiro and Olinda-Recife, the Fathers of Rio and Revma. Mother Gabriela, from the Monastery of the Dormition of the Most Holy Mother of God, preparations for the Offices, blessings, speeches, thanks and the feast itself are finished. It was a week of intense preparations: preparation and confection of the offices, cleaning of the Church and monastic houses, meals for a larger than usual contingent, preparations for the Sunday Festive Agapes, ornamentation of the Church. Everyone worked with great love and dedication, always with a Christian spirit of giving to God and to the brothers. Everything went in the greatest harmony and goodwill, each one giving what he knew best. Finally the day for the beginning of the Crafts and Festivities begins. On December 18, 2004, we began celebrations with the Blessing of the dependencies of the Monastery at 4:00 pm, officiated by Mr. Dom Ambrósio, Bishop of Recife, assisted by the Rt. Archpriest Basilio. Immediately after, at 6 pm, we began the Office of the Vigil of St. Nicholas, presided over by Mr. Dom Chrisóstomo, concelebrated with Mr. Dom Ambrósio and assisted with Igumen Lucas and the Rev. Archpriest Bento, Archpriest Basílio and Presbyter Marcos, and in the role of Readers counting on the generous contribution of the Rev. Mother Gabriela, two faithful from Recife and one from Pousada do Conde, with the presence of countless faithful and visitors. It was already Sunday for us Orthodox, St. Nicholas the Thaumaturge, protector of the Monastery that had just opened. It was a very beautiful night for the celebration of the Divine Offices and for communion between clergy and the faithful.
For Priests or Parish Council Officers Services for the Monasterio
If you are a Priest or Parish Council Officer of this Monasterio you may use the following services:
Update Monasterio Details
Take a moment to update the listing details of Monastery of St. Nicholas - Conde, PB-Brazil, João Pessoa, Paraíba, add photos as well as include information on your services and historical data so that the Monasterio listing is complete; your parishioners can better communicate with you and know more about the Monasterio!
Lighten the Monasterio
Create and publish a list of items that you need for your Monasterio. As a Monasterio Representative, you are aware of religious items that the Monastery of St. Nicholas - Conde, PB-Brazil, João Pessoa, Paraíba truly needs. The Lighten a Church service enables you to create a list with what you need for the Monasterio; once there is a prospective donor who wishes to help, he or she can purchase an item or more from your Need list on Monasterio's behalf.
Support for Monasterio Endeavours
Create Holy Causes for funding of your Monasterio's Christian projects and endeavours. Support a Holy Cause is a new service empowering your parishioners and followers to connect virtually with Monastery of St. Nicholas - Conde, PB-Brazil, João Pessoa, Paraíba and support specific Christian endeavours such as Philoptochos and Monasterio Renovation in an easy and secure way. As a Monasterio Representative, you can create one or more Holy Causes and start getting funding for your Monasterio projects.