Monastery of Saints Ninian and Cuthbert, Torloisk, Argyll and Bute

Monastery of Saints Ninian and Cuthbert

Información general

Categoría

Monasterio

Archidiócesis

Romanian Metropolitan of Western Europe

Sacerdote

Protos. Seraphim Aldea

Día de celebración

March 2 - St Cuthbert

Segundo día de celebración

September 16 - St Ninian

Información histórica

Year of Establishment

1755

Historia

Mull Historical Society describes Kilninian, built in 1755, as ‘one of the oldest (churches), and until very recently, still used for worship. Possibly standing on the site of an earlier medieval church, it first appears in the records of 1561, where it is stated that the parsonage of ‘Keilnoening’ had formerly belonged to the Abbot of Iona.’ At present, with the blessing of His Eminence Metropolitan Joseph, we have started the necessary work in order to turn Kilninian into the first Orthodox Monastery in the Hebrides. This includes restoration work for the church itself and building work for a small number of new cells for the future monastics.

Afiliaciones

Monastery of Saints Ninian and Cuthbert tiene seguidores (2):

  • Seraphim as
  • Christina as Follower

Quiero agregar esto Monasterio en tu personal Lista de Iglesias as: