Western Orthodox Hermitage of St John the Divine, Syracuse, New York
- ROCOR Stavropegial - Western Orthodox Community
- Head Priest:
- Father Stavrophormonk Symeon of Syracuse
- Feast Day:
- March 21 - (julian calendar) St Benedict of Norcia
- Second Feast Day:
- June 19 - (julian calendar) St Romuald of Ravenna
- Sunday 9:30am
- Divine Liturgy:
- Sunday 11:00am
- Saturday 6:00pm
- Services info:
- The Hermitage is inaccessible to most except our Oblates and those with sincere interest in Western Orthodox Monasticism. This is not to be exclusionary rather to maintain the atmosphere of peace required for eremitic Hesychast life of the Romualdian Fathers.
- Build - Founding Year:
- founded 1999 in an Orthodox "Old Calendar" Church of Greece (in America). Received Dec. 14 2014 in Russian Orthodox Church Abroad (ROCOR). The monastic brotherhood, _Orthodox Congregation of St Benedict of Norcia, Romualdian Tradition_ and its main monastic house _Hermitage of St John the Divine_ temporarily located in the suburb/village: Eastwood of the City of Syracuse, New York State (USA). Follows the Church (julian) Calendar. Is Bi-Ritual. Mainly worships according to the pre-schism Anglo-Roman Rite. While we encourage vocations & patronage we have no priest (there is a local Russian ROCOR Parish) therefore our Divine Liturgy is Missa Sicca (Typika). Monastic Typikon: Of Ss. Benedict & Romuald.